Dan and I went to our second midwife interview today and it went sooooo well! It was with a four person "team" of midwives that consists of 2 licensed midwives and 2 women who are basically apprentices. All have gone to school (typically 3 years) for their basic training, the apprentice/students are doing a sort of long-term internship/apprenticeship where they get to work side by side with licensed midwives, learning in the real world. Here's their website: Global Midwifery
So anyway, I was highly impressed with the group, and very comfortable with sitting and talking to them--much more so than the last midwife we talk to! They created a relaxed, warm atmosphere that it felt like a good match. After we told them that we had made our decision to go with them (about halfway through the meeting), they took us on a short tour of the office, explained how each visit would be structured, and then offered to try to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler today! I'm only 8 weeks along, so it was a long-shot at hearing anything, so it wasn't a surprise that all we heard was my heartbeat. Still fun though! We should be able to hear something in about 2 weeks when I go back in for my first real appointment.
This group is HIGHLY focused on nutrition, which is a really good thing for me. I have a habit of becoming anemic, so they already have me taking a special iron blend to nip it in the bud before it actually becomes a problem. Otherwise, I am healthy and excited ot have found our "health-care provider"!!
~Kara
Not so patiently awaiting the arrival of the BLOB!!!
Second Midwife Interview
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 chirps:
Hooray!!
Post a Comment