First Midwife Interview

Saturday, July 5, 2008

On Thursday morning, Dan and I went to the first of two scheduled interviews with local midwives. This one was in Mesa, but since it is such a big city, it was actually about a 20-25 minute drive from our apartment. We got there, and the place is in a historic 1920's house that has been renovated into offices. The midwife's name was Jude, and she was nice enough. Neither of us were really won over by her or disliked her, we left in just kinda a neutral standing. We agreed that if the next interview doesn't go well, we will probably go with this one, but for now we are holding off on a decision until we meet the next. Jude was nice, and answered questions, and was very conversational, but was a bit rude in her business practices in that she answered her cell in the middle of the meeting not to talk to another client (which would have been fine with us--I mean if I was having and emergency I would want to get ahold of her instantly!) but to talk business with someone else for 5 minutes during our time with her. If we go with her, we will have to have a talk with her about that. That's really something that can wait until after the meeting.

On another not, on the way back to the apartment and wandering around town we found a Chicago hotdog place just around the block from the apartment! AND it's in walking distance! :-D!!!!!

~Kara

1 chirps:

V said...

Boo to that lady! If she doesn't have the tact to say "I'm sorry, I'm with another client right now, so if this isn't an emergency I'll have to call you back," or at least be able to explain to you why there were extenuating circumstances that made her HAVE to take the call....ew.